Welder / Fitter
At Hall Industries, Inc., Equipment Division, Ellwood City, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
Hall Industries, Inc. is currently looking for a full-time Certified Welder/Fitter located in Ellwood City, PA.
- Reads and interprets blueprints
- Capable of structural layout
- Works with different types and sizes of materials
- Positions fit pipe
- Safely operates iron worker, overhead cranes, rigging, pipe threading machine, welding machine, tube bending machine, and various pneumatic hand tools
- Assembly of components with some fabrication of equipment needed for the job with minimal supervision
- Decides when spooling where to leave field welds, when to put couplings in pipe, and where to brace pipe on skid
- Works well with other departments on location of tie-in points for instrument and auxiliary pipe
- Primarily fabricates and/or assembles guards, platforms, and any other structure required
- Uses metal core MIG, flux core, sub-arc or stick welding process (must pass GMAW metal and flux core test)
- Ability to pass applicable test(s)
- May weld brackets and braces and use grinders. May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools. May perform position welds on code materials
- Must be able to operates basic cutting equipment
- Promotes and supports safety, production and positive attitude
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
- Pass Welding Test.
- Pass Fitting Test.
- 5 years active weld fitting experience
- Detail oriented
- Familiar with Penn dot requirements
- Ability to work well with a team of welders
- Good math skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer