At H&P Equipment, a Division of Hall Industries, Canonsburg, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
Heyl & Patterson, a world leader in Bulk Material Handling equipment for the power, mining, metals, grain, railroad and port/terminal markets is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our team. H&P is part of the Hall group of companies based in the Pittsburgh area. The Structural Engineer will perform engineering duties for the supply of heavy industrial equipment and will be involved from design concept to detailed design, through manufacturing and installation/commissioning.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering. P.E. a plus
- Minimum of five years of experience in structural engineering, including steel design, welded and bolted connection design, fatigue analysis.
- Experience with AISC Steel Construction Manual including AISC 360-10 and RCSC Specifications, ASCE 7, ACI 318, IBC, AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code, ASTM Steel Specification Standards, AIST Technical Reports #6 & #13, CMAA Spec. #70.
- Experience with STAAD.Pro, RAM Elements, Finite Element Analysis, Autodesk Simulation, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with bulk material handling/heavy machinery/mining/steel industry equipment a plus
- Willing to travel for equipment shop and site inspections, troubleshooting, and support of sales team in pre-project effort (approximately 10% - 15%)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a group
- “Hands-on” person with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with MS Office software
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D software, drawing capability a plus
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good commercial awareness
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- What We Offer:
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, and much more!
Company's Facebook page:
Reply to this posting with resume or fax resumes to 724-752-8666
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer