Mechanical Drafter - Canonsburg, PA
At H&P Equipment, a Division of Hall Industries, Canonsburg, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
Heyl & Patterson, a Pittsburgh based engineering company founded in 1887, has been providing high quality, reliable, custom-engineered solutions in bulk material handling applications. Our large and robust machines include railcar dumpers and positioners, barge and ship unloaders, and stacker and reclaimers. Our innovative team of 50 professionals work together to support customers worldwide.
As a Mechanical Drafter, you will report to the Drafting Supervisor and work closely with experienced Drafters and Engineers to merge our legacy designs with current customer needs. You will also support research and development efforts for new concepts that expand our footprint in the industry.
- Provide 2D & 3D CAD drafting support for new and existing bulk material handling equipment
- Create engineering drawings, including design layouts, detail and assembly drawings using measurements, specifications, and additional data from our engineering team
- Coordinate with engineers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
- Create new CAD drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor
- Update archived/existing CAD drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor
- Maintain drawings using Vault PDM system
- Provide support to the engineering team delivering technical drawings and models within deadlines and ensure deliverables include all relevant design details and delivered on time
Education, Qualification, and Skill Requirements:
- Associate degree in technical drafting or drafting certifications
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain focus in a changing work environment
- Proficient at using AutoCAD and Inventor
- Ability to work with Structural and Mechanical Engineers
- Proficient at designing and detailing heavy machinery including electromechanical drive assemblies, shafting, bearing housings, bearing stands, etc.
- Familiarity with fits and tolerancing
At Heyl & Patterson, we use our technical experience to support customers daily. We have a dedicated team of people at our office in Southpointe Business Park in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania that support each other to achieve our common goals. Successful employees are self-motivated, work well individually and in a team environment, help coworkers succeed, and strive for technical excellence.
Please visit our website at www.heylpatterson.com for an overview of who we are and what we do and apply
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer