Structural Engineer – Canonsburg, PA
At H&P Equipment, a Division of Hall Industries, Canonsburg, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
Hall Industries, a leader in the steel manufacturing industry, is a premier supplier of machined components, fabrications, and assemblies. We provide products and services that offer solutions to customers spanning from aviation to engineering. For nearly 60 years our success continues because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional and innovative results to our customers.
Heyl & Patterson is currently seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our team located in Canonsburg, PA. The Structural Engineer will perform engineering duties for the supply of heavy industrial equipment from design concept to detailed design, through manufacturing and installation/commissioning.
Structural Engineer Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Perform structural analysis and design calculations for the structural portion of mechanical equipment.
Structural Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering. P.E. a plus
- Minimum of five years of experience in structural engineering, including steel design, welded and bolted connection design, fatigue analysis.
- AISC Steel Construction Manual including AISC 360-10 and RCSC Specifications, ASCE 7, ACI 318, IBC, AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code, ASTM Steel Specification Standards, AIST Technical Reports #6 & #13, CMAA Spec. #70.
- Familiar with STAAD.Pro, RAM Elements, Finite Element Analysis, Autodesk Simulation, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with bulk material handling/heavy machinery/mining/steel industry equipment a plus
- Willing to travel for equipment shop and site inspections, troubleshooting, and support of sales team in pre-project effort (approximately 10% - 15%)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a group
- “Hands-on” person with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with MS Office software
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D software, drawing capability a plus
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Good commercial awareness
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Full Time Position
Competitive compensation, based on experience.
Full Benefits including health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, paid long-term and short-term disability, 401k (matching), paid holidays and vacation, HSA. Referral Program.
Great Work Environment
Company's Facebook page:
Reply to this posting with resume or fax resumes to 724-752-8666
summit resume to: email@example.com
Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer