Structural Drafting Checker - Canonsburg, PA
At H&P Equipment, a Division of Hall Industries, Canonsburg, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
Structural Drafting Checker – Part Time or Full Time
Heyl & Patterson, a Pittsburgh based engineering company founded in 1887, has been providing high quality, reliable, custom-engineered solutions in bulk material handling applications. Our large and robust machines include railcar dumpers and positioners, barge and ship unloaders, and stacker and reclaimers. Our innovative team of 50 professionals work together to support customers worldwide.
As a Structural Drafting Checker, you will report to the Drafting Supervisor and work closely with experienced Engineers and Drafters of varying experience levels to help merge our legacy designs with current customer needs.
- Confirm drawings are consistent with contract requirements, sound design practice, manufacturability, and correctness.
- Confirm material callouts are consistent with Engineering Specifications
- Monitor drawings for consistency with Heyl & Pattern Drafting Standards
- Provide drafting support for new and existing products
Qualification, and Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a structural design role
- Computer skills with AutoCAD, Inventor experience is a plus
- Experience designing and detailing welded box girders and columns, bolted connections, trusses, platforms, walkways, stairs, etc.
- Familiarity with AISC structural steel detailing methods is a plus
- Machine design experience is a plus
At Heyl & Patterson, we use our technical experience to support customers daily. We have a dedicated team of people at our office in Southpointe Business Park in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania that support each other to achieve our common goals. Successful employees are self-motivated, work well individually and in a team environment, help coworkers succeed, and strive for technical excellence.
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, and much more!
Company's Facebook page:
Reply to this posting with resume or fax resumes to 724-752-8666
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer