Sr. Mechanical Engineer
At H&P Equipment, a Division of Hall Industries, Canonsburg, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Heyl & Patterson Equipment, a world leader in Bulk Material Handling equipment for the power, mining, metals, grain, railroad and port/terminal markets is seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team located in Canonsburg, PA. H&P is part of the Hall group of companies based in the Pittsburgh area. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will perform engineering duties for the supply of heavy industrial equipment from design concept to detailed design, through manufacturing and installation/commissioning. The position requires a Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology and minimum of five years of experience in machine design.
• Includes basic engineering, directing drafters and designers in creation of detail, assembly and/or arrangement drawings, as well as checking of drawings for accuracy
• Perform mechanical equipment sizing calculations based on reference information and assist in preparation of equipment technical specifications and requisitions for procurement and fabrication
• Support proposal engineering in creation of concepts, designs, layouts and pricing
• Calculation of weights, forces, reactions, stress analysis, system inertia, power requirements, bearing loading and life, and time studies as required
• Coordinate and monitor with project management during manufacturing including shop progress, QA and final equipment inspections
• Assist in equipment installation and commissioning as necessary
• Experience with bulk material handling/heavy machinery/mining/steel industry equipment a plus
• Willing to travel for equipment shop and site inspections, troubleshooting, and support of sales team in pre-project effort (approximately 10% - 15%)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a group
• “Hands-on” person with a strong mechanical aptitude
• Proficient with MS Office software
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D software, drawing capability a plus
• The ability to prioritize and plan effectively
• Good commercial awareness
• The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer