At H&P Equipment, a Division of Hall Industries, Canonsburg, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
Heyl & Patterson Equipment, a world leader in Bulk Material Handling equipment for the power, mining, metals, grain, railroad and port/terminal markets is seeking an experienced Quality Inspector to join our team. H&P is part of the Hall group of companies based in the Pittsburgh area.
The Quality Inspector supports the quality assurance (QA) efforts for Heyl & Patterson Equipment (H&P).
This position will be responsible for ensuring that suppliers manufacture products in accordance with H&P drawings, specifications, and purchase order requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) throughout the duration of a project, including but not limited to, incorporating customer comments and requirements
- Prepare and maintain all required QA submittals as part of client/project submission requirements, including but not limited to, Non-Conformance Reports (NCR)
- Review supplier dimensional inspection reports, non-destructive testing (NDT) reports, material test reports (MTR), and all quality related documentation
- Interact and coordinate with Purchasing, Project Management, Engineering, Aftermarket and suppliers to resolve quality related issues
- Attend and interact during project meetings
- Travel to vendor shops to perform dimensional inspections
- Perform other duties as required to maintain operations within H&P
- Moderate, approx. 50%, mostly local shops in Western PA, Eastern OH
Required Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Highly proficient at reading and interpreting mechanical and structural drawings
- Experience with precision measuring tools such as O.D. and I.D. micrometers is a plus.
- Experience with welding codes (AWS or ASME) is a plus
- Ability to become CWI certified (company reimbursed)
- Applicant must be well organized, detail oriented, and capable of handling personal interactions with all departments and suppliers
- Ability to work on projects with little or no supervision
- Must be familiar with manufacturing processes
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401k with a company match, training, and much more!
Company's Facebook page:
Reply to this posting with resume or fax resumes to 724-752-8666
summit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer