CNC Operator Machinist 2ND Shift - Supervisor
At Hall Industries, Inc., Headquarters, Ellwood City, PA, we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional products and services to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
CNC Operator Machinist 2nd Shift - Supervisor
At Hall Industries, Inc. we are successful because of our deep commitment to providing exceptional value, long term, to our customers. This commitment is reflected in our ongoing investments in our people, equipment, facilities and technology.
Hall Industries, Inc. is currently looking for a full-time qualified CNC Operator Machinist 2ND Shift - Supervisor. The position is in Ellwood City, PA.
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, indicating vises.
- Verifies accuracy by measuring, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and threading chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
5 – 10 Years CNC Mill & Lathe Experience
1 – 3 Years Supervisory Experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Have a good mechanical aptitude, machine de-bugging and problem-solving skills.
Strong Tool Knowledge, Blueprint reading, tolerance and program understanding.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Must be resourceful and a self-starter.
Full Time Position
Competitive compensation, based on experience.
Full Benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation
Great Work Environment
Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reply to this posting with resume or fax resumes to:
This is a brief summary of duties not intended to be inclusive and subject to change.
Hall Industries, Inc. offers competitive compensation, based on experience, full benefits including health, dental, 401k, paid vacation and career advancement opportunities. Hall Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer